Chocolate Overnight Oats: the BEST chocolate overnight oats recipe—satisfyingly rich and deep chocolate taste with creamy vanilla goodness. Easy to make, Vegan.
Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned, rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup – see sugar free sub in post.
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl for easier stirring. Stir until well mixed, then pour into jars when done. If using coconut cream, make sure no coconut cream clumps remain after stirring.
- Add optional dry topping. Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.** Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe.
Delicous Overnight Oats Recipes:
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
**Storing Instructions: Overnight oats can be kept for up to 5 days. However, if using homemade almondmilk or another ingredient that is highly perishable, overnight oats will stay fresh for a shorter period (such as 2-3 days).
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 2 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (half recipe)
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chocolate overnight oats