Double Chocolate Banana Almond Mini Muffins (V, GF, DF): a one bowl recipe for perfectly moist chocolate banana mini muffins made with oat flour and almonds. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas*
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, chopped
Optional for topping
- 1 tablespoon each: vegan chocolate chips and sliced almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop batter evenly into muffin cups (about 2 tablespoons of batter per muffin). Optional: sprinkle chocolate chips and almonds on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-24 minutes. Mine took 19 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
– Adapted from my Vegan Double Chocolate Banana Muffins and my Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread.
– *About 1 cup + 2 tablespoons, mashed.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in 20-second increments until warm.
– More muffins + quick bread recipes: chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, gluten free banana oat muffins, gluten free vegan pumpkin bread.
– More delicious chocolate recipes: best vegan brownies, chocolate chip almond butter walnut cookies, gluten free vegan brownies.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain, Oat Flour