Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins: rich, deep dark vegan chocolate muffins with a beautiful rise. Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and extract. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—fill ¾ of the way for about 12 smaller muffins; fill all the way for 9-10 larger muffins with big, high tops.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. Mine took 18 minutes. Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool, 1-3 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Gluten Free Vegan Muffins
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezer Instructions: These chocolate muffins freeze well. Cool muffins completely, then store in a freezer-friendly container. Keep muffins for 1-2 months.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free chocolate muffins, vegan chocolate muffins