Bursting with bright lemon flavor and speckled with beautiful poppy seeds, you’ll love today’s mini lemon poppy seed muffins, made with optional lemon glaze.
A Miniature Start to a Bright & Sunny Morning with Lemon Poppy Seed Mini Muffins!
Alright, I’m not exactly sure what a “miniature start” entails on this bright & sunny morning, but I sure as heck can tell you it’s adorable AF. Think of the miniature muffin basket, the mini orange juice, the mini lemons! But I digress… 😉 Today’s lemon poppy seed mini muffins are so delicious, with soft ‘n moist texture, bright lemon flavor, and beautifully speckled with poppy seeds. The fact that they’re miniature is just a super cute bonus.
Side note: should we miniaturize these three muffin recipes next? –>
Should I Make Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins or Regular Size Muffins?
Isn’t that the question of the day? Sometimes you feel like a nut (or mini muffin), sometimes ya don’t. To help you decide, here are a couple of questions:
- Are you looking for a small, bite-size treat, or one big one?
- Do you feel like scooping muffin batter many times, or fewer times?
- What kind of mood are you in? A cutesy one, or a straightforward one?
If your answers veered towards the first option in the question, rather than the latter, you’re in the mood for mini! Head on over to the kitchen with me, grab your baking laptop or iPad (wouldn’t it be cool if we all had one dedicated to baking??), and grab your mini muffin liners, because we’re gonna go mini!
If your answers veered towards the second option in the question, follow me to Door B aka this Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins recipe. It’s made for full-sized muffins and, not to worry, equally delicious. Let’s go!
To Glaze or Not to Glaze… that is the Question
You might be sitting there wondering, “Should I make the lemon glaze for these mini muffins?” or, “Is it worth the hassle to whip up a glaze?” To that, I answer… Yes!! Yes, yes, and so much yes! The lemon glaze is one of my very favorite parts of these mini lemon muffins. Without it, you’ll have a much subtler lemon flavor, and one that’s less sweet. You might be in the mood for that—but for those of you who are looking for a sweet lemon delight, make the lemon glaze! It’ll be so worth it.
>>Related: 3 Ingredient Frozen Yogurt Bites
More Muffin Recipes for Homemade Muffin Goodness!
Don’t be shy, you can admit it to me: you’re a Muffin Megafan! Guess what? So am I! Any time I have kitchen time, I think, “How can I make time for muffin time?” So here are a list of my most popular muffin recipes for your muffin fandom delight:
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Orange Muffins (Vegan)
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Muffins Recipe (V, GF)
Tools You Need
Share the Muffin Love
One batch for me, one batch for the neighbors, another batch for me, one batch for my mom… oh you see where I’m going with this. If you make my recipe, be sure to share the muffin love! Take a pic and share it on Instagram, leave me a comment, or just share the recipe with a friend. I can’t wait to see! ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍋 📸 🍋Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.