Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Easy!): this GF blueberry muffins recipe yields moist, tender muffins with a delicious, crispy top and fluffy crumb, bursting with blueberries! Vegan, Dairy-Free, Healthy Ingredients.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional, but recommended)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add non-dairy milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with with the milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: non-dairy milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of bigger muffins, and ¾ of the way for a larger quantity of smaller muffins. Optionally, press blueberries into the muffin tops.
- Bake for 24-32 minutes. Mine took 28 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-2 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Gluten Free Muffins You’ll Love
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Gluten Free Rolled Oats for making Homemade Oat Flour | Pure Almond Extract
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Storage Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 3-6 days in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment.
- To Freeze: store in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Recommended Tools: Muffin Pan | Citrus Squeezer | Unbleached Muffin Liners or Nonstick Muffin Liners
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American