Wholesome rolled oats, tart cranberries and superfood golden flax seeds come together in this simple and satisfying granola with flax seed and pumpkin seeds!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup golden flax seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit, chopped if needed (if pieces are larger than raisins)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl: oats, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, cinnamon, almond meal, salt, and maple syrup.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold thoroughly until clusters form and mixture is very well mixed. You want to make sure that the maple syrup is evenly distributed and nothing is left dry.
- Pour this granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer. Separate granola into small piles to create clusters. Make space between clusters to allow for air to flow through and crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-15 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 30 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Dried Cranberries (No Added Sugar)Buy Now →
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature, keep out of direct sunlight.
How to make Vegan: Keep the recipe as is. 😉
How to make Gluten Free: make sure to use gluten free certified rolled oats.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American