The best vegan oatmeal cookies—crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced. A simple & easy vegan oatmeal cookies recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies about halfway. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cookies to firm up for 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy cookies.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight and other heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes at room temperature, or heat in 5-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies