Vanilla Overnight Oats: a simple ‘n easy vegan overnight oats recipe made with just a few ingredients and ready in minutes! Creamy, satisfying and delicious. Vegan.
Vanilla Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup fresh fruit, sliced if needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or seeds
- 1 tablespoon seed or nut butter
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed and no clumps of coconut cream or yogurt remain. Pour into jars.
- Add optional dry toppings (nuts, coconut, etc.). Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.** Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Delicious Vegan Overnight Oats Recipes
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
**Storing Instructions: Overnight oats can be kept for up to 5 days. However, if using homemade almondmilk or another ingredient that is highly perishable, overnight oats will stay fresh for a shorter period (such as 2-3 days).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan overnight oats, vanilla overnight oats