4 Ingredient Vegan Coconut Cookies: chewy, crispy healthy coconut cookies bursting with coconut flavor. The best gluten free coconut cookies—paleo ingredients, delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. You must use large coconut flakes to ensure flat cookies. If you use small coconut flakes, the cookies will not spread.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will spread quite a bit.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden brown around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 15 mins for large cookies. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons.
Vegan Coconut Recipes We Love
*You must use LARGE coconut chips or flakes for this recipe. Using small-flaked coconut will result in very round, tall cookies that retain the cookie-scoop shape. Here are the large coconut chips I used in this recipe.
**Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American