Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (V, GF): a 4 ingredient recipe for healthy gluten free peanut butter bars! The best dairy free dessert recipe: yummy no bake peanut butter bars! Quick ‘n simple vegan dessert, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan.
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter (or homemade peanut butter)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you’ll need it later. Set aside.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and ½ cup coconut flour. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well-mixed and thickened, with no visible flour patches remaining.
- Transfer peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Topping Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.Also try my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars and my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
For the Paleo version: No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars.
- Note:On the first day, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator, as the chocolate topping hasn’t fully set yet. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Organic Peanut Butter | Coconut Flour | Pure Maple Syrup | Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Storage Instructions: After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature (1-2 weeks), refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
- Freezing Instructions: these bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Unbleached Parchment Paper | Baking Pan (8-inch) | 4 Event Timer | My Favorite Knife
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate peanut butter bars, no bake peanut butter bars, vegan snacks, vegan dessert