Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): an easy one bowl recipe for delicious banana breakfast cookies bursting with juicy blueberries and crunchy almonds.The easy ‘n healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies you’ve been searching for! Vegan Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Seriously though, one of the only ways in which I stick to healthy eating is by eating cookies. But we’ll get to that (and these Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies) in a minute.
Sometimes sticking to a healthy diet sucks. Yep, I just had to say it.
Mondays Thursdays somehow always bring out the brutal honesty in me. Blergh! Side note: I totally wrote this on a Monday, but now that it’s a Thursday, I’m feeling a bit silly about all my grumpiness.
In any case…
Lately it’s been extra hard to stick to healthy eating. Even with these healthy lemon poppy seed muffins and coconut chocolate chip banana breakfast bars at my side. I always tell Erik, if I had it my way, I’d make everything from scratch, from ingredients grown in my backyard, make enough for everyone (like, hoooow many people is that, Demeter?!?) and just be in the kitchen, singing and dancing… with my bills magically paid by, erm, elves.
But let’s get real: none of that is going to happen. Any time soon. 😉 (A girl can have dreams.) What’s gonna happen is the following: trying my best to make *some* foods from scratch, packing up the healthiest of the batch to give to my mom, sis and her two kiddos, trying to waste as little food as possible, and barely getting by on a work-life balance.
While trying my darnedest to hit the gym up several times a week and make at least one fresh batch of gluten free banana oat muffins. And did I mention not go crazy?
Good luck, sister! Yep, I just said that. To myself.
Looks like the whole “not going crazy” bit is something I’ll just have to work on… tomorrow.
For today, I think I’ll work on what I know best… the thing I *can* actually do: bake. Make it easy, make it healthy, and make it from scratch. If I can check off one item this week that’s made from scratch, this is gonna be it.
If you ever feel like I do about this whole healthy eating/making it from scratch business, then I know you’ll love my gluten free blueberry banana almond breakfast cookies. They come together in about 10 minutes, bake for about that much time, and are ready to eat in a jiffy.
There’s just something about a healthy breakfast cookie that makes everything better. Everything more sane. Everything much more… doable.
So here’s to making healthy eating, healthy living, and just plain ol’ staying sane… so much more doable. One cookie at a time. 🙂
Just in case you’re in desperate need of a few more super easy, super delicious and healthy breakfast recipes, try these on for size:
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Paleo Blueberry Banana Chia Smoothie
4 ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
In case I don’t have you convinced yet, allow me to tell you all about the finest points of these Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies. They’re:
- made in just one bowl
- super easy to make and even easier to eat 😉
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- low in added sugar
- totally the healthy banana breakfast cookies you’ve been dreaming about
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- deliciously plant-based and allergy-friendly
- perfect for kicking your healthy eating back into gear
- just the gluten free breakfast cookie you’ve been searching for…
- or the vegan breakfast cookie treat you’ve needed all your life 😉
Are you ready for this? You grab the ripened banana and I’ll grab the blueberries. Meet ya in the kitchen! As always, I’m so grateful to be here with you, baking and making so many wonderful memories to share with our families and loved ones.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed these quick ‘n easy healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy breakfast recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Good Morning Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Almond Butter Paleo Energy Balls
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola with Clusters
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (vanilla is okay)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons each: blueberries, sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and extract. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press blueberries and almonds into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Mine took 15 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
For more breakfast cookies, try my Good Morning Breakfast Cookies and my Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- More breakfast recipes: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, dark chocolate muffins, no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.