Homemade Paleo Granola Bars (V, GF): the BEST grain free granola bars recipe—chewy & satisfying, packed with nutty crunch and simple, whole ingredients. Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo, Protein-Rich, Dairy-Free.
- 1 cup nuts, chopped*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened raw coconut chips
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup golden ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Set aside this granola bar pan atop a medium baking sheet (for stability in the oven.) Or, line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. I prefer using the granola bar pan; it creates a firmer bar with deliciously crispy edges & a chewy, crisp exterior. Set aside for later.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: nuts, coconut, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, and cinnamon & salt (if using). Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared granola bar pan or baking pan. For the granola bar pan: scoop about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each crevice. Use a small, narrow spoon to press the mixture down into an evenly, very tightly packed layer. For the square baking pan: using the spatula, press mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Place granola bar pan + baking sheet, or baking pan, onto a cooling rack to cool for 50-60 minutes, or until completely firm. Then… for the granola bar pan: remove bars from pan and transfer directly onto a cooling rack; for the baking pan: lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice into 12-18 bars (for baking pan only). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Paleo Snacks You’d Love
*I use a mixture of 3 paleo nuts: 1/3 cup almonds, 1/3 cup pecans, 1/3 cup walnuts.
Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients I listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 18 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg