One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for perfectly moist banana bread packed with walnuts and bursting with banana flavor! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
- 3 medium, ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons, mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Using a butter knife, cut a slit slightly off center down the loaf. Optionally, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Lightly press walnuts into the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours. Lift out, slice and enjoy!
– Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread and my Mini Chocolate Banana Almond Muffins.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– This loaf freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until warm.
– More Banana recipes: banana oat muffins, double chocolate banana muffins, peanut butter banana ice cream smoothie.
– More baking fun: chocolate brownie cookies, peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies, dark chocolate almond trail mix cookies.
- Category: Quick Breads, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain