Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free): a healthy banana bread recipe with oats & chocolate! It’s the ultimate vegan oatmeal banana bread—moist, gluten free, dairy-free, made with GF oat flour! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse) (learn how to make homemade oat flour here)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk, fork or pastry cutter (my preferred method), mash bananas until smooth. Add the oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Optionally, sprinkle with oats and chocolate chips. Lightly press toppings into the loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean-ish, with just a few bits of moisture on it when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then, lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf into 12-14 slices. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: Cool completely and store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 20-40 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Healthy Breakfast, Quick Breads, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free