Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies Recipe (GF): ultra-moist, deep chocolate flavor, fudgy, gooey YUM—the BEST paleo brownies recipe! Made with almond flour, Gluten Free, Vegan, Grain-Free.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder (for paleo) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup chopped paleo chocolate chunks or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add raw cacao powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, until well incorporated. The batter will be very sticky and thick.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in paleo chocolate chunks or vegan chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-36 mins. Mine took 30 minutes. Cool for about 2 hours, or until completely cool.* Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
More Paleo Vegan Desserts to Try:
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Blanched Almond Flour | Paleo Chocolate Chunks or Paleo Chocolate Bars (or vegan chocolate chips if not paleo) | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Raw Cacao Powder | Unsalted Almond Butter | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Firmness Notes: *Brownies will be very fudgy and gooey after the first 2 hours of cooling. If you like them firmer, allow to cool & set for an extra 2-4 hours before enjoying. Or, after cooling completely, chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours and enjoy.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator if you like them firm.
- Freezing Instructions: These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until warm.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch Square Baking Pan | Glass Mixing Bowls | Unbleached Parchment Paper | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Silicone Spatulas | My Favorite Knife
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American