Learn 5 tasty ways to make vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies: from thin & crispy to thick & chewy to soft-baked and a few in between, you’ll love all of the best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature just until it’s soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread a bit. Using a spoon, flatten the cookies about halfway for thick cookies, or flatten considerably for just slightly thick cookies.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies, best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies