27+ Vegetable Side Dishes that’ll make lunch, dinner, and every meal easier! Including family favorites like mashed potatoes, blistered green beans, sweet potatoes, chickpea salad, and more.
Ingredients List for Vegetable Side Dishes
You’ll need a variety of basic spices, cooking ingredients like olive oil, and your favorite veggies to make these recipes. Here are the common ingredients that show up in many of these recipes:
- Root veggies like: sweet potatoes, russet potatoes
- Sweeter veggies like: carrots, tomatoes, corn
- Flavorful ingredients like onions and garlic
- Yummy add-ins: chickpeas, black beans
- Spicy add-ins: jalapeños, serrano peppers, and more.
- Crisp vegetables like lettuce, kale, and more
- Spices: salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, Italian seasoning
- Sweeteners: maple syrup, brown sugar, honey
- Cooking basics: olive oil, water, vinegar
The Best & Easiest Vegetable Side Dishes
From creamy mashed potatoes to crisp Asian Salad, you’ll love the sweet, savory, spicy, and everything-in-between vegetable side dishes we’re sharing today!
Try your hand at making these side dishes as directed, then get sassy as you familiarize yourself with these recipes—you can add in protein, swap out ingredients, even increase or decrease the saltiness, sweetness, or spiciness of each side dish.
Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes – with a little creative slicing and a dose of panache, you’ll be well on your way to making and enjoying this impressive and beautiful healthy sweet potatoes side dish.
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Vegan Brussels Sprouts Recipe – an easy healthy recipe that ensures those fickle appetites are satisfied!
Asian Vegetable Side Dishes
- The BEST Asian Salad with our most popular dressing: Asian Salad Dressing
- Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Blistered Green Beans – a quick Asian vegetable side dish that is easy to make and wonderfully aromatic.
Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Sautéed Kale with Cranberries, Maple, and Pecans
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- New recipe – coming soon
Cold Vegetable Side Dishes
- Chickpea Salad Recipe w/ Cucumbers & Avocado
- Pesto Pasta Salad – wondering what main dish to serve with this creamy delicious salad? Pair it with these incredibly buttery, irresistible Pizza Sliders.
- Asian Salad
Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
Mexican Vegetable Side Dishes
- Pineapple Salsa: top this Cheese Quesadilla Recipe with sweet and spicy pineapple salsa for a dinner to truly satisfy.
- Mushroom Quesadilla
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa – try this tomato, corn, and black bean-packed salsa with delicious Baked Tortilla Chips.
Green Vegetable Side Dishes
- Maple Brussels Sprouts – what is it about drizzling sweet maple onto wonderfully roasted Brussels sprouts that makes it so darn good? You’ll love this recipe’s simplicity and taste.
- Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- 7 Layer Salad – easily customizable to include your favorite veggies and add-ins
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes – impress your dinner guests by pairing this delicious side dish with our Favorite Garlic Toast topped with Garlic Salt
- Chickpea Salad – try with this deceptively simple, yet mouthwatering Tomato Sandwich.
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
What About the Dip?
- Vegan Pesto – made with fresh basil and pine nuts, this pesto is packed with vegetables and easy to customize to your liking.
- Roasted Garlic Aioli – you won’t believe how easy it is to make something so simple, yet fancy sounding and tasting. This aioli goes with everything—think burgers, skewers, and anything you can dip!
- Garlic Confit
- Asian Salad Dressing – if you’re hankering for something sweet and savory, with a sesame-soy vibe, try making this incredible homemade dressing to dip a platter of fresh veggies into.
- Peanut Butter Dip – this 3 ingredient dip is sweet and creamy, perfect for dipping celery, apples, and more.
Italian Vegetable Side Dishes
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Pesto Pasta – one of Erik’s favorite side dishes that sneakily works in juicy and creamy vegetables. I love that this one is packed with fresh basil, tomatoes, and spinach!
- How to Roast Garlic for Roasted Garlic Bread
Tools You Need
I‘m So Hap-Pea You’re Here
Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments, emails, and pics really make my day.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.