Dark Chocolate Almond Mint Homemade KIND Bar Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for festive homemade KIND bars, bursting with refreshing peppermint and coated in velvety rich dark chocolate. Made with healthy ingredients. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
Almond KIND Bars
- 1 ¼ cups roasted, unsalted almonds
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted cashews, roughly chopped (or more almonds, if you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
Mint Chocolate Coating
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped paleo chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips or chopped paleo chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the bars: Add all Almond KIND Bars ingredients to a medium bowl. Fold until well incorporated and fully coated.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly-packed layer—the smoother the layer, the less likely the bars will crumble. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Mine took 30 mins. Bars must bake thoroughly, or they won’t hold together when cooled.
- Allow to cool in the baking pan for 1 hour, or until completely cooled. Pinching opposite ends of the parchment paper lining, lift bars out of pan. Gently peel paper off the bottom of the bars. Slice into 12 bars (6 rows by 2 columns).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some room in the freezer for this sheet–you will need it later. Set the sheet on a clear work area.
- Dip the bars: Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or doing the following. Add all Mint Chocolate Coating ingredients except peppermint extract to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to dip bars in). Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip the bottom of one bar into the melted chocolate, scraping off excess on the side of the bowl. There should be enough chocolate for a thin layer on each bar. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing each bar evenly apart, until all bars are dipped.
- Drizzle the bars: Add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to a clean, small microwave-safe bowl. Repeat heating instructions, until chocolate is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Spoon melted chocolate into a zip bag with a tiny corner snipped off. Drizzle each bar in a zigzag pattern.
- Place bars carefully into the freezer. Freeze for 10-20 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my 5 Ingredient Homemade KIND Nut Bars.
Also try my Almond & Coconut KIND Bars and my 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Fudge.
Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 16ozBuy Now →
Dry Roasted Unsalted Almonds 2lbsBuy Now →
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 months.
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American