Dark Chocolate Paleo Snack Bars (GF): this chocolate-drizzled vegan snack bars recipe is chewy & satisfying! The best gluten free snack bars—grain-free, refined sugar-free & healthy!
What’s your favorite healthy snack? Allow me to
list a few to whet your appetite name a few: granola bars, energy balls, chunky paleo granola, keto fat bombs, banana breakfast cookies? Might you, perhaps, add paleo snack bars to that list?
As I mentioned last month, I’d never even heard of snack bars, let alone paleo snack bars, until I stumbled upon them on a fellow friend’s site. I was intrigued by the notion of a snack that wasn’t quite a granola bar, not quite a breakfast bar, and not quite… er, other stuff in between all of that.
So I set about creating the Easy Paleo Snack Bars from last month. Those paleo snack bars were packed to the brim with healthy seeds, nutrient-rich nuts, and tons of other good stuff (aka coconut flakes and almond butter). But the one thing missing from all of that?
Chocolate. Make that dark chocolate.
You totally just happy sighed right now, didn’t you? 😉 Yep, so did I.
Dark Chocolate Paleo Snack Bars Recipe: Vegan & Gluten Free
As much as my family absolutely loved that easy paleo snack bars recipe, they promptly dropped them as soon as I brought over a tray of fresh-baked, newly drizzled Dark Chocolate Paleo Snack Bars. And before you ask, yes, I totally sprinkled a bit of coarse sea salt on half (in kind consideration of the side of my family that likes to keep things not salty). And everyone loved them.
These decadently dark chocolate drizzled paleo approved snack bars are the perfect mix of nutty & chocolatey, with a delicious seed-packed crunch, and chewy centers with a crisp edge. They’re the perfect paleo diet snack bars recipe. Yeah!!
Top Paleo Chocolate Snacks (Vegan)
Here are the most popular Paleo Chocolate Snacks on Beaming Baker. Enjoy!
- Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free)
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars (Vegan, GF)
- Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream Recipe
- Paleo Cookie Dough Bites (Vegan, Grain-Free)
- 2 Ingredient 5 Minute Homemade Fudge Recipe (Paleo)
- Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe (Paleo, GF, Healthy)
How to Make Chocolate Drizzled Paleo Approved Snack Bars!
Add all paleo snack bar dry ingredients, except chocolate, into a large bowl and stir. Add all wet ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until well mixed. Combine the dry & wet ingredients, folding until well mixed. Pour into a prepared pan & bake. Cool & slice paleo snack bars. Drizzle with chocolate and enjoy!
Tools for the Best Paleo Diet Snack Bars Recipe!
I highly recommend you pick up a few of these invaluable kitchen tools for making the best paleo-approved snacks!
- 8-inch Square Baking Pan: truly wonderful baking pans that I’ve used literally hundreds (if not thousands) of times.
- Paleo Dark Chocolate: a seriously great brand of paleo chocolate that’s sweetened with coconut sugar.
- My Favorite Knife: if you’re looking for a reliable knife that will give you seriously clean cuts, this is it.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: keep these paleo snack bars from sticking to the pan, and makes clean up a breeze.
Who’s excited about getting their chocolate drizzle on?!? I just love a good chocolate drizzle sesh! I can’t wait to hear what you think about my Dark Chocolate Paleo Snack Bars recipe—let me know what you think in the comments below! I simply love hearing from you. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Healthy Paleo Diet Snack Bars & Treats
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Vegan, Paleo)
- 5 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
- No Bake Almond Butter Paleo Energy Balls (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola (Grain-Free, Vegan)
- Dairy-Free Coconut Flour Cookie Dough Recipe (Paleo)
Dark Chocolate Paleo Snack Bars (GF): this chocolate-drizzled vegan snack bars recipe is chewy & satisfying! The best gluten free snack bars—grain-free, refined sugar-free & healthy! Dairy-Free.
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds and/or sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy homemade almond butter or store-bought
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: nuts, coconut, seeds, flaxseed, and salt if using. Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, press mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Place baking pan onto a cooling rack to cool for 40-60 minutes, or until completely firm. Then, lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice & drizzle with melted chocolate. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Paleo Snack Bars.
More Easy & Healthy Paleo Snacks
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Snacks, Paleo, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: paleo snack bars recipe, paleo approved snack bars, paleo diet snack bars, paleo chocolate snacks
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.