Gingerbread Oatmeal Homemade Breakfast Bars (V, GF): an easy recipe for soft, homemade breakfast bars filled with your favorite holiday flavors. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and molasses. Whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients: oats, flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until it becomes difficult to stir. Switch to using a rubber spatula, folding until well combined. Fold in cranberries, pecans and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Optionally, press cranberries and pecans onto the top of the bars.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the edges turn a dark, golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my Cranberry Almond Butter Breakfast Bars and my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– More Breakfast Treats: Good Morning Breakfast Cookies, Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins, Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars.
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Holiday