Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for deliciously satisfying banana oatmeal breakfast cookies bursting with juicy blueberries and crunchy almonds. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (vanilla is okay)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2–3 tablespoons each: blueberries, sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and extract. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press blueberries and almonds into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Mine took 15 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
– More breakfast recipes: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, dark chocolate muffins, no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites.
- Category: Breakfast, Cookies, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free