Sweet maple, warm cinnamon and crunchy pecans come together in the best Maple Pecan Overnight Oats! Perfectly sweet and wonderfully spiced overnight oatmeal.
Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- Cinnamon stick
- Maple syrup
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all maple pecan overnight oats ingredients to a mixing bowl for easier stirring: oats, chia seeds, chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, milk, coconut cream or yogurt, vanilla extract, maple extract and maple syrup.
- Whisk together until well mixed, then pour oatmeal mixture into jars when done. If using coconut cream, make sure no coconut cream clumps remain after stirring.
- Add optional dry topping. Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.** Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Recipes You Might Like:
*Non-dairy yogurt is an easier choice (easier to scoop) that lends an interesting tart flavor to overnight oats. Make sure to use your favorite vanilla yogurt as the flavor will be very present in your overnight oats. I prefer to use coconut cream when I have the time because it’s very creamy and has a more mellow flavor.
**If using homemade milk, overnight oats may not last longer than 3 days. If using store-bought milk, overnight oats may last up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple pecan overnight oats, maple pecan oatmeal