Mini Vegan Brownie Bites Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for soft, fudgy ‘n moist two bite mini brownies bursting with rich, chocolate flavor. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Mini Vegan Brownie Bites
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray or coat with coconut oil. Here is the mini muffin pan that I use. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, mixing until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in oat flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop a little over 1-tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup (about 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon). Shake the pan repeatedly, until batter is even.
- Bake for 12-16 mins. Mine took about 14 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. When completely cool, place a cooling rack upside down, on top of the brownie pan. Holding the pan and rack tightly, flip the pan over so that the pan lays facedown, on top of the rack. Again holding the two together tightly, bang them on a flat, sturdy surface until brownie bites pop out. Or, run a thin plastic knife around the edges of each brownie to loosen (not my preferred method as it tends to dent the brownies). Lift out and enjoy!
Adapted from my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
– These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight freezer-friendly airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until softened.
- Category: Brownies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free