No Bake Paleo Chocolate Pecan Bars (V, GF, Paleo): a 5-ingredient, no bake recipe for deliciously textured pecan bars topped with a thick layer of chocolate and nuts. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
- 5–7 Medjool dates, pitted (½ cup, packed)
- ½ cup unsalted, natural almond butter
- 1 ½ cups unsalted pecan halves, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural almond butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, greased foil or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the pecan layer: Add dates and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky and crumbly mixture, like chunks of wet sand/dough. This will take about a minute. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add in 1 cup pecans, vanilla and salt. Blend until the pecans are fully-incorporated and you get a soft, crumbly mixture. It’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together. Add in remaining ½ cup pecans. Pulse just a few times until incorporated and pecans are chopped, with medium-small pieces still visible.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down and smooth into an tightly-packed, even layer.
- Make the chocolate layer: Use the double boiler method or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Layer ingredients (1/2 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the pecan bars. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle ¼ cup chopped pecans evenly over the bars. Press pecans gently into the chocolate layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my No Bake Pecan Pie Bites (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free) and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
– Fall recipes (v, gf, df): pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, caramel apple tartlets, double chocolate pecan brownies.
– More Paleo sweet treats (all v, gf, df): almond joy, coffee coconut frappuccino, no bake pecan pie bites, almond butter cups.
- Category: No Bake, Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free