Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free): an easy recipe for deliciously thick, chewy peanut butter cookies bursting with coconut and oats. Refined Sugar-Free, Clean Ingredients, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup unblanched almond meal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or raw coconut chips
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut and gluten free rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, almond meal, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—they won’t spread much while baking. Optionally, press coconut flakes and oats onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place baking sheet onto cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, lift and transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack, cooling completely before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Peanut Butter Coconut & Oatmeal Treats to Try:
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Natural, Unsalted Creamy Peanut Butter | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Unblanched Almond Meal | Raw Coconut Chips | Coconut Oil | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Pure Maple Syrup | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature.
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Grippy Mixing Bowls or Glass Mixing Bowls | Best Prep Bowls | 4-Event Timer
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American