Sea Salt Thin Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF): SUPER Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that are CRISPY throughout. Sprinkled with sparkling sea salt: the BEST sweet & salty gluten free chocolate chip cookies! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, sugar, flax egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, with a lot of space to spread (about 6 cookies per large cookie sheet). Cookies will spread a lot—they’ll be large and flat when done baking. Cookie dough will be very soft (like liquid gel) and begin spreading before baking. If desired, use the back of a spoon to nudge cookies into a prettier circular shape. Dot with chocolate chips—save half if you want to press more in after baking (those chips are a bit more visible). Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes—bake on the higher end for crispier cookies. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Optionally, sprinkle with more sea salt. Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy/crumbly cookies.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Golden Flaxseed | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Cooling Rack | Unbleached Parchment Paper | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Mailbox Cookie Gift Tin
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe, vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies