The loveliest Oatmeal Banana Bread is perfectly moist with just the right amount of chewy rolled oats, packed with your favorite add-ins!
The Oatmeal Banana Bread You’ve Been Looking For
Today, I’m sharing my favorite Oatmeal Banana Bread! (Just in case you have some perfectly-ripe bananas on hand.
Are you ready to bake this/share your best-kept secrets for perfectly ripe bananas in a pinch? Psst… I’ve totally tried the baking the bananas in the oven thing… didn’t suit me, to be honest.
Banana Oat Bread Ingredients
- Oil – use coconut oil or your choice of flavorless oil
- Sugar – I like using coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- Eggs – use flax eggs to keep this vegan, or use regular eggs
- Flour – I developed this recipe with oat flour in mind, but readers have reports that whole wheat flour works, too.
- Oats – make sure to use rolled oats (also known as “old-fashioned oats”), not quick oats
- Baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon
- Add-ins – My family absolutely loves adding chocolate chips into this oatmeal banana bread recipe, but feel free to use nuts, seeds, even chopped dried fruit!
Why Should I Make This Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe?
I’m glad you asked! This oatmeal banana bread recipe is super moist, packed full of banana bread goodness.
Best of all, this super moist oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread is made with healthy ingredients that are whole, nutrient-rich, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Yaaaas! Just like these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins and my Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
How to Make Oatmeal Banana Bread
Let’s learn how to make oatmeal banana bread! This recipe is very straightforward to make, with delicious, banana-packed results. Let’s get started.
Once you’ve preheated the oven to 350°F and lined an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, it’s ready to start mashing the bananas!
Use a pastry cutter (recommended) or a fork to mash the bananas until nearly smooth. A few chunks are okay.
Next, grab the wet ingredients and start adding them to the bowl full of mashed bananas.
Whisk together the bananas, oil, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
Now you’re ready to add in the dry ingredients!
Add them over the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl and whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
Now, choose your favorite add-ins and fold them into the oatmeal banana bread batter.
Isn’t it beautiful? Banana oat bread deliciousness is on its way!
Holding the parchment paper lining the loaf pan firmly in place, begin to pour the oatmeal banana bread batter into the pan.
Use a spatula to smooth the batter.
Then, press toppings into the top of the loaf. I like using chocolate chips and oats.
Bake until a toothpick can be inserted and removed mostly clean from the center of the loaf—about 65 minutes.
Cool completely, then slice and enjoy the best Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe!
Is this Moist ‘n Oat Banana Bread made with Oats or Oat Flour?
Yes, it’s made with both! One of my favorite ingredients to use in vegan gluten free baking here on Beaming Baker is oat flour and oats.
They’re healthy, add so much depth & chewiness to certain recipes, like this Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, and hold moisture so well in others. I’ve included just the right amount of oats and oat flour in this vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread—and I know you’ll love it!
How to Store Your Oatmeal Banana Bread
- For 1 week: after baking & cooling your super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread completely, slice and place the banana bread into an airtight container at room temperature. Keep the oatmeal banana bread out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
- To freeze banana oat bread: cool & slice banana bread, then store in a freezer-friendly container. You can keep the banana oat bread there for 1-2 months! Thawing instructions in the recipe Notes. 😉
Tip for Mashing Bananas
Use a pastry cutter! This is my favorite, super-quick way to mash bananas quickly for all my vegan gluten free banana bread and muffin recipes!
Thank you for stopping by and making the time to bake with me. It brings me such joy to hear when you and your loved ones enjoy my recipes. Can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Bonus Bananas Recipes (and more…)
- Caramelized Bananas
- Banana Oat Muffins
- One Bowl Banana Bread (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- 17 Banana Breakfast Recipes
Tools for the Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this healthy oatmeal banana bread recipe.
- Pastry Cutter – literally my (and Erik’s) favorite way to mash bananas. It’s so easy!
- 8-inch Loaf Pan – a great loaf pan for all your baking needs
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – allergy-friendly chocolate chips that are dairy-free!
- Gluten Free Oat Flour – a gluten free baking essential
- Homemade Oat Flour – my favorite recipe for oat flour, made with GF oats!
- Coconut Sugar – a refined sugar-free, healthy baking must-have
- Coconut Oil – a gluten free vegan baking staple
- Unbleached Parchment Paper – one of my baking essentials!
- Mixing Bowls – my favorite mixing bowls to use. Easy to handle and long-lasting!
Like this recipe? Share it with friends!
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.