Vegan Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars (GF): the best salty & sweet oatmeal cookie bars, with chewy, crispy edges, chopped peanuts and major Peanut Butter flavor! Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground and not coarse*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter or homemade peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in peanuts, if using.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread into an even, tightly-packed layer.
- Bake for 16-24 minutes, until golden brown on top. Mine took 20 minutes. Place baking pan on a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 30 minutes. Then, pinch the edges of parchment/foil and lift bars onto the rack to continue cooling completely (about 1-2 hours). Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy bars.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Oil | Natural Peanut Butter | Pure Maple Syrup | Coconut Sugar
- Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. I like using these reusable zip bags to keep the bars fresh.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch Baking Pan | Reusable Zip Bags | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | My Favorite Prep Bowls | Cooling Rack | My Favorite Knife
- Category: Dessert, Healthy Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American