Vegan Pumpkin Muffins: this vegan pumpkin muffin recipe is easy & eggless! The best vegan pumpkin muffins – moist, soft & tender crumb, perfectly spiced.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. The batter will be thick. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 8-9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-34 minutes (on the longer spectrum for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 28 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin pan placed on a cooling rack for 25 minutes. Transfer muffins directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-2 hours, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
❤️ Here’s how to make Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread instead.
Vegan Pumpkin Recipes – Reader Favorites
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
**If you don’t have cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, you can use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to substitute for these spices.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread instead of Muffins –> Use this Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe.
Storing Instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin muffins