Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for perfectly moist ‘n decadent chocolate pumpkin bread made with warm spices and your favorite fall flavors. Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon**
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves**
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until difficult to stir. Using a rubber spatula, fold until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in Add-in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the center (or off center, based on your preference). Use the knife to go back over the line, widening the slit. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the loaf. Lightly press chips down to secure.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes.* (In my 8-inch loaf pan, mine took 62 minutes). Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool. Lift the loaf out and place on a clean workspace. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread and my Chocolate Banana Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
– *In an 8.5” x 4.5” loaf pan, mine took 62 minutes. In an 9”x5” loaf pan, mine took 57 minutes.
-**You may substitute all three spices for 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature.
– Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds or more.
– Nutrition Info: is an estimate based on 12 total slices without optional topping.
– More pumpkin recipes: chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, one bowl pumpkin chocolate chip bread, pumpkin pie smoothie.
- Category: Bread, Pumpkin, Fall, Thanksgiving, Vegan, Gluten Free, Whole Grain, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 4g