Super Fudgy Paleo Maple Pecan Brownies (V, GF): supremely fudgy chocolate brownies topped with delightfully sweet maple pecans. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Chocolate.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup paleo vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients: ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pecans and 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup. Stir and fold until pecans are well-coated in maple syrup. Evenly sprinkle maple pecans over brownies. Using the back of a spoon, gently press pecans into batter.
- Bake for 28-36 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for about 2 hours, or until completely cool.* Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
– *Brownies will be very fudgy and gooey after the first 2 hours of cooling. If you like them firmer, allow to cool & set for an extra 2-4 hours before enjoying.
– Adapted from my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies and my Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Brownies.
– Store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator if you like them firm.
– These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until warm.
– More Paleo Dessert Recipes: Paleo Almond Joy, Paleo Mocha Frappe, Chocolate Coconut Truffles.
- Category: Brownies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Fall, Chocolate, Dessert