Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Walnut Brownies Recipe (V, GF): a 1-bowl recipe for super fudgy, rich, dark brownies packed with walnuts and chocolate chunks. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Just like that, it’s the second week of August. Crap, I just wrote that, didn’t it? It’s friggin’, October, Demeter!! You know we’re in trouble when I don’t even know what actual month it is… lol. But at least I remembered to make & share a batch of these sweet ‘n salty nut clusters… I mean, we’re all here for the nut vibes, amiright? 😉
It feels like just yesterday that my mom (aka Grams) was getting teary-eyed about back-to-school shenanigans. See, the thing is, her grandson, Dylan—her first grandkid ever—just made his way to kindergarten. With a monkey-print backpack that was too big for him and everything. 😭🙈
We had this quiet moment in her kitchen, her, Erik and me, where she just started thinking back to when I was a wee one, going to my first day at kindergarten. She claims that I, too, had an oversized backpack that threatened to topple me over. She said I glued myself to her leg and refused to let go, crying, “I don’t wanna go!!! I wanna stay with Mommy!!!”
She said it broke her heart to unpeel my arms from her legs and leave my there, crying as she drove away. 🙁 In present day, I found myself telling her, she had to leave me… so I could grow up. It’s funny, thinking about times like that. My mom and I were so, so close when I was a little one, but we started to really drift apart in my high school and college years. Thankfully, I came to my senses when I became a bonafide grownup.
It makes me see things so differently now that my sister, Jenny, is a mom and going through the same things—tearfully dropping Dylan off at kindergarten, and praying that everything goes okay.
And now I’m getting teary-eyed. Alright, who’s cutting all of these onions?!? You know me, there’s just something about the fall that aways gets me nostalgic and wistful. So let’s change the topic before one of us yet again accuses the other of cutting onions.
How about some vegan gluten free fudgy walnut brownies to soothe both of our souls? 🙂 My sister, Jenny, used to famously make these AMAZING fudgy brownies that could’ve won ALL the baking contests and solved all the world’s problems. She’d load them up nice and full with chocolate chips and walnuts. So I’m dedicating my delightfully jam-packed, super-duper fudgy brownies to my sis. Also, I’m gonna make a big ‘ol batch of this 5 Minute Homemade Fudge to keep these brownies company. 😉
Here’s to new adventures, all the places we’ll go, and having sweet moments along the way to making it all worth it.
Allow me to shower you with all of this Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Walnut Brownies Recipe’s finest points! They’re:
- made in just one bowl
- gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free
- so deliciously fudgy, moist and just the best!
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- just the perfect vegan gluten free brownies with walnuts you’ve been searching for
- delightfully allergy-friendly
- absolutely amazing paired with No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars and a tasty Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!
- oh… and my ol’ fave: Dark Chocolate Nice Cream
- just the yummy vegan brownies to add to your gluten free vegan dessert recipe box!
So whaddya say? Are you ready to make the fudgiest, most moist (or is it moistest?!) gluten free brownies ever? 🙂 And if you’d like me to make even more moist brownies, just say the word! 😉 Thank you for stopping by and sharing in this sweet moment with me. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe! ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed this Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Walnut Brownies Recipe, then you’ll just love these healthy vegan chocolate recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Gluten Free Vegan Brownies
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Frosting
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground, not coarse
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the brownies:In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Whisk in flax eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Add oat flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well-incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optionally, top with 2 tablespoons each walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-32 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool.
- For clean slices, chill for 1-3 hours (after completely cooling) before slicing. Cold brownies will be dense and firm like fudge. To soften, allow to reach room temperature, or heat in 10-second increments until just soft. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies and my Best Vegan Brownies.
Try my Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies.
- These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.