Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free): deliciously thin vegan chocolate chip cookies with crunchy, crispy edges and a buttery chewy center. The BEST thin crispy chocolate chip cookies—that happen to be gluten free and dairy free!
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, sugar, flax egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, with a lot of space to spread (about 6 cookies per large cookie sheet). Cookies will spread a lot—they’ll be large and flat when done baking. Cookie dough will be very soft (like liquid gel) and begin spreading before baking. If desired, use the back of a spoon to nudge cookies into a prettier circular shape. Dot with chocolate chips—save half if you want to press more in after baking (those chips are a bit more visible).
- Bake for 12-16 minutes—bake on the higher end for crispier cookies. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 22 servings per recipe, made without optional toppings.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: thin chocolate chip cookies, crisp chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies