Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp (V+GF): an easy recipe for sweet ‘n crisp topping and warm, gooey blueberry filling to make for the perfect healthy summer dessert! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo option, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons water (optional)
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- For a PALEO topping, make the topping in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all Filling ingredients except water: blueberries, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until blueberries are fully coated and sugar has dissolved. If your mixture isn’t very wet, add in water—you’ll want to see 1-2 tablespoons liquid at the bottom of your mixing bowl. I used 1 ½ tablespoons water in mine.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use the spatula to smooth blueberries into an even layer. Set aside.
- Add all Topping ingredients to a medium bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until crumbles form. Gently spoon evenly over blueberries, making sure to keep crumbles intact.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. Mine took 45 minutes. It’s done when the top is a golden brown and the juice around the filling starts bubbling up over the sides.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins. Serve warm with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream on top. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Apple Pecan Coconut Crisp
- Category: Summer Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo option, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.