No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites (V, GF): an easy, one bowl recipe for deliciously protein-packed chocolate peanut butter energy bites. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
Remember when you were young and you thought adding unsweetened cocoa powder to, well… just about anything would make it taste deliciously and delightfully like chocolate? And then you realized that it SO. Did. Not?
Okay, maybe you didn’t do this… but Erik and I did. Like a LOT. Because we were the smartest kids on the block, of course! One of the things Erik and I bonded over when we first met were the seriously “clever” things we used to do as kids. 😉 One of them included adding cocoa powder to all the things to make them chocolatey.
No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites Video!
One time, when I was about seven years old, I thought it’d be an amazing idea to add cocoa powder to milk. I scooped about 5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and dropped it into an ice cold glass of milk. Stirred. And stirred. And stirred some more.
Clumps of cocoa powder pebbled up to the surface, bobbing and floating like they were covered in some magical coating that kept them from ever getting wet. Well, I’ll just stir even more vigorously. That’ll make it chocolate milk, I’m sure of it! As I splashed cocoa powder-dusted milk all over the kitchen counter, I became more and more invested and determined to make it work.
Still, all I got were clumps. At this point, I thought it’d be an even more amazing idea to heat the glass up in the microwave. I heated this mixture up, stirred it, heated it up again, and stirred it again. Finally, the cocoa powder started to semi-mix with the milk.
I’d now be able to take a delicious sip.
What the heck, my shows (Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Duck Tales) were about to come on. I squeezed my eyes shut, crossed my sticky fingers that this would work and took a hot sip. And immediately spit it all out. Yuck!!!!
Why didn’t the two taste like hot chocolate? Dude…
Now that I’m older and just slightly wiser, I know that cocoa powder soooooo does not equal chocolate. Who says you don’t retain any lessons from childhood? I still make a mess in the kitchen and I still totally watch Duck Tales, but I no longer go lightly towards that container of cocoa powder.
Today, I bring to you a recipe with a carefully measured amount of cocoa powder, with actual sweetness and no unexpected/unpredictable kitchen experimentation needed. Yayyyyyy!!! 😉 I’ve been thinking for awhile that we needed to mix things up with the no bake bites on the blog. And wouldn’t you know it, double chocolate anything is still as awesome now as it was when we were kids.
Up to this point, we’ve only had one double chocolate no bake bite recipe on the blog (I know): my no bake chocolate coconut bites. We’ve had plenty of double chocolate deliciousness, in the form of… brownies, cookies, muffins, granola bars, more brownies, popsicles and even more cookies. But not another bite. Even these mini muffins don’t count as a bite. Well… they kinda do, but you know what I mean!
We’re gonna fix that today with my No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites. They’re wonderfully texture-rich, bursting with coconut, oats, chocolate chips and more. They’re also one of my favorite ways to get that protein in, and carry snacks on the go. I’ve been thinking about making these peanut butter protein balls from Texanerin. Okay, now I’m really in the mood for no bake!
If you’re not a no bake bite fan already, I think you should start with these No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites. If you’re already a fan, you’ll be deliciously delighted (don’t you like the way that sounds?). 🙂 While you gather up all the ingredients needed to make this recipe, let me tell you all about it.
My No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites are:
- made in just one bowl
- vegan, gluten free, dairy-free
- rich, chocolatey, and satisfying
- delightfully whole grain
- mouthwateringly texture-rich
- made with whole ingredients
- bursting with fantastically healthy ingredients: oats, coconut, flaxseed
- packed with protein-rich peanut butter goodness
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- perfect for keeping your energy up through workouts
- so easy to make
- totally do not require any cocoa powder funny business
Grab these simple, whole ingredients and join me in the kitchen for a round of no-baking. It’s truly wonderful to make these treats with you, from scratch and with lots of love. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. In the mean time, tell me:
When have you experimented with a new ingredient in the kitchen and totally got unexpected results?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted peanut butter (mine is very liquidy)*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: coconut, oats, cocoa powder, flax, and chocolate chips. Add peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Using a sturdy spatula, fold together until well incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into your hands and roll into bites. Optionally, press a few chocolate chips into each ball and roll. Enjoy!
- *Natural peanut butter works best for this recipe; the measurements were calculated based on the very drippy, liquidy nature of natural PB (the kind I use only has 1 ingredient: peanuts).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- More No Bake recipes (all V, GF, DF): no bake almond butter cookie dough granola bars, no bake peanut butter coconut chocolate chip bites, no bake chocolate coconut bites.
- More Healthy Snack recipes (all V, GF, DF): dark chocolate almond coconut trail mix cookies, peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip walnut almond butter cookies.
- Nutritional Info (see below): calculated based on 23 bites, without the optional 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ More No Bake Bite Recipes
If you enjoy these No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites, you’ll just love my…
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain)
No Bake Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Energy Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain)
No Bake Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain)
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (V, GF, DF)
☀︎ Even more energy-packed deliciousness
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain)
No Bake Vegan Pecan Pie Bites (Paleo, V, GF, DF, No Added Sugar)
Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie (Protein-Rich, V, GF, DF)
Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Trail Mix Cookies (V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)