Paleo Candied Almonds: 5-minute stovetop EASY candied almonds recipe! Learn how to make the BEST vegan candied almonds— crunchy & sweet, healthy & gluten free!
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (almonds, maple syrup, almond extract and salt, if using) to a large or medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Using a heatproof silicone spatula, stir until well mixed and almonds are fully coated.
- Stir occasionally, making sure almonds roast evenly on every side. Frequently scrape down the skillet to ensure the maple cooks onto the almonds.
- When the maple syrup is nearly gone (about 5-9 minutes), begin to stir frequently. Stir until almonds start sticking together in clumps—being careful not to burn.
- Pour almonds onto the prepared baking sheet, placed on a cooling rack or towel. Spread into an even layer, with empty pockets at regular intervals to let air through. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Optionally, sprinkle with sea salt. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Oven-Roasted Paleo Candied Pecans.
More Delicious + Healthy Nut Recipes
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Dry Roasted Unsalted Almonds | Pure Almond Extract | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Recommended Tools: Unbleached Parchment Paper | Heatproof Silicone Spatulas | 4oz Prep Bowls | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Super Cute Gift Tins
- Category: Healthy Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best easy candied almonds recipe, paleo candied almonds, how to make vegan candied almonds