3 Ingredient Healthy No Sugar Added Paleo Energy Balls (V, GF): a fruit-sweetened recipe for salty ‘n sweet healthy energy balls that are paleo, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free.
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted (½ cup, packed)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add dates and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky mixture—the mixture will begin to pull away from the sides of the processor and roll into dough. This will take about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the processor frequently, and take breaks in between to avoid overheating.
- Add in almonds and salt (if using). Blend until the almonds are nearly pulverized—about 1-2 minutes. The mixture will be soft and crumbly. It’s done when you can roll a chunk in your palm and toss the chunk up in the air a bit, and it remains cohesive.
- Using a 1-tablespoon or 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and droop mixture into your hands. Roll into balls. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 1 month.
– Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
– Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, is estimated based on 20 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: No Bake, Healthy Snacks, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 3g