BEST Homemade Granola Recipes: check out the tastiest healthy granola recipes made with simple ingredients. From chocolate to low calorie, discover the best homemade granola recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and mixture is well mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer. Separate granola into small piles to create clusters. Make space between clusters to allow for air to flow through and crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-15 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 30 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
For nuts & seeds: I love using a combo of pecans, walnuts and almonds. You can use whatever you’d like, as long as the nuts/seeds aren’t too big (just chop ‘em). You can use sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and more. Just make sure to keep the amount of nuts & seeds the same, at 1 ½ cups.
For spices: I like using ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, but you can play around with this amount a bit or leave it out altogether. For example, you can use ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves for a warm, cozy flavor profile.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature, keep out of direct sunlight.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy granola recipe, homemade granola recipe, best granola recipe