Paleo Almond Butter Cups (V, GF, DF): a 5 ingredient recipe for rich chocolate cups stuffed with smooth almond butter. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- ½ cup unsalted, natural almond butter*
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan.
- Make the filling: In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup and coconut flour . Whisk until well incorporated. When the filling gets harder to stir, switch to folding with a rubber spatula. Cover the bowl and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, allowing the filling to chill and harden for easier molding. Clear a small workspace for assembling the filling later—a plate or a cutting board is fine.
- Remove bowl from freezer. Scoop 2 teaspoons of filling into your hands and mold into a flat disc. Set onto the workspace, making sure to space discs apart so they don’t touch. Repeat until you’ve made 12 discs. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate: Use the double boiler method or the following: in a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and coconut oil. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat again in 20-second increments until the chocolate chips are just softened and melty. Stir until smooth.
- Make the cups: Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Tap the pan to smooth chocolate into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup. Gently lay an almond butter disc flat on top of the melted chocolate layer. Repeat for all cups. Spoon 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over an almond butter disc. Gently spread until you get an even top. Repeat for all cups. Tap the pan a few times to even out the chocolate.
- Place muffin pan into freezer. Freeze for 15-20 minutes. Remove from freezer. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes. Peel off cupcake liners. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my homemade Peanut Butter Cups.
– *Make sure you use almond butter that only has one ingredient: almonds. Your almond butter should be naturally drippy and liquidy to work in this recipe.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Candy, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free