Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously chewy chocolate macaroon cookies bursting with 2x the amount of chocolate! Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Clean Eating.
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened small coconut flakes*
- 2 tablespoons finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (raw, if paleo)
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mini paleo vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use–you must use small coconut flakes in this recipe, about the size of sprinkles. Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed. Add chocolate chips. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop firmly-packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until crispy around the edges. Mine took 15 mins for large ones. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons.
– *You must use small coconut flakes for this recipe. The coconut flakes should be the size of sprinkles, or about half a grain of rice. Large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread out cookies (not like the round macaroons you see in the pictures). Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use (pictures included).
– **Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller, denser macaroons.
– You can easily double the batch to make more cookies!
– For smaller, 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop sized cookies, bake for 11-13 mins.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Cookies, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Clean Eating