Vanilla Vegan Protein Shake Recipe: an easy, customizable recipe for a delicious, creamy & filling vegan protein shake that’s packed with 22g of protein! Made in 5 minutes or less!
Vegan Protein Shake
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (more below)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons vanilla vegan protein powder (or two scoops of the one that I use)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
For the perfect combo of customizations to use, check out the recipe in my Best Vegan Protein Powder post.
- For Veggies: ½ cup frozen spinach
- For Energy: ¼ teaspoon gelatinized maca powder
- For Fruit: sub 1/2 cup ice cubes with ½-3/4 cup frozen fruit, such as strawberries, peaches or blueberries
- For Protein Boost: 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- For Healthy Fats: 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy nut butter, or more MCT oil
- For Fun: 1 tablespoon paleo chocolate chunks
- This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It’s easy to use, holds the perfect amount, and can be left to keep blending while I walk away (it runs by itself).
- Add all ingredients in the order listed: 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, vegan protein powder, MCT oil, ice cubes and 1/2 cup milk. This is the order that I’ve found to be smoothest, without any protein powder getting stuck in a clump anywhere.
- Depending on your daily nutritional needs, feel free to add maca powder, peanut powder, nut butter or more MCT oil.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Enjoy immediately!
Not sure which vegan protein powder to use? Here’s a helpful guide to Vegan Protein Powder: Best Vegan Protein Powder Ranked.
More Protein-Packed Snacks:
- Where To Buy Ingredients: vanilla vegan protein powder | MCT oil | Gelatinized Maca Powder | Peanut Powder | Paleo Chocolate | Raw Cacao Powder | To sweeten, low carb: stevia drops or monkfruit drops
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Blender | Extra Blender Cups | for a quick shaker smoothie: BlenderBottle
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 1 serving per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- What’s my favorite vegan protein powder? My favorite thing to do is use 1 scoop of this chocolate protein powder and 1 scoop of this vanilla vegan protein powder in my vegan protein shake. Such a good combo! Also, check out my post on the Best Vegan Protein Powder– an in-depth review of 15 vegan protein powder brands with my exact recipe for my customized, everyday vegan protein shake. 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g, Net Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg