Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Walnut Brownies Recipe (V, GF): a 1-bowl recipe for super fudgy, rich, dark brownies packed with walnuts and chocolate chunks. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground, not coarse
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the brownies:In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Whisk in flax eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Add oat flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well-incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optionally, top with 2 tablespoons each walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-32 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool.
- For clean slices, chill for 1-3 hours (after completely cooling) before slicing. Cold brownies will be dense and firm like fudge. To soften, allow to reach room temperature, or heat in 10-second increments until just soft. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. If storing in the refrigerator, brownies will firm up and become fudge-like, and keep for up to 3 weeks.
– These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Category: Brownies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free