Chocolate Cranberry Almond Banana Muffins Recipe (V, GF): delightfully warm and cozy chocolate banana muffins packed with juicy cranberries and almonds. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, One Bowl.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 ¼ cup mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, cranberries, almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips, cranberries and almonds.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups.* If needed, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. Optionally, sprinkle toppings onto muffins.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes. Mine took 19 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Double Chocolate Chip Muffins and my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Banana Nut Bread.
– I like to use this ice cream scoop to scoop batter into muffin liners. The scoop helps you control the batter, prevent messes and gives you a nice rounded top. Tip: after dropping a scoop, lightly tap the pan to even out the batter.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– More muffin recipes: maple pecan pumpkin muffins, banana oat muffins, double chocolate banana mini muffins.
- Category: Muffin, Chocolate, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Breakfast, Healthy Snacks