Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist, pumpkin spice muffins topped with maple glazed pecans. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spice and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour. Fold in ¾ cup pecans.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I like using this ice cream scoop to create a beautiful round top. If needed, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. Note: batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw.
- In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients: 1/4 cup pecans and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Stir and fold until pecans are well-coated in maple syrup. Evenly sprinkle maple pecans over muffins. Gently press into muffin tops. Bake for 18-25 minutes. Mine took 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread and my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, overly moist muffins.
- **Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until warm.
- Category: Muffins, Fall, Thanksgiving, Gluten Free, Vegan, Healthy, Whole Grain, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American