Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for lightly sweet and perfectly moist pumpkin muffins packed with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, One Bowl.
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon**
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves**
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten free rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top of each liner for a slight domed top, or fill to the top, with about a tablespoon extra for large domed tops. The batter is thick and won’t spill over while baking. Optional: sprinkle oats onto muffin tops.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes. Mine took 29 minutes, for large domed topped muffins.
- Allow to cool in muffin pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling for another 40 minutes or until completely cool before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins.
Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Recipes For You
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
**You may substitute all of these spices with 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature. Best the first 3 days. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 20-40 mins before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 29 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy pumpkin oatmeal muffins, vegan pumpkin oatmeal muffins, gluten free