Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for lightly sweet and perfectly moist pumpkin muffins packed with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, One Bowl.
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top of each liner for a slight domed top, or fill to the top, with about a tablespoon extra for large domed tops. The batter is thick and won’t spill over while baking. Optional: sprinkle oats onto muffin tops.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes. Mine took 29 minutes, for large domed topped muffins.
- Allow to cool in muffin pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling for another 40 minutes or until completely cool before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins.
– *You may substitute all of these spices with 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 20-40 mins before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Pumpkin, Fall, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free