THE way to incorporate chia seeds into a smoothie—for Strawberry Banana Lovers. 😉 A super thick and refreshing chia seed smoothie bursting with the sweet freshness of strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and ½ cup of milk. Give it a good whisk, until thoroughly combined. Cover and let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and the remaining 1 cup of milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add strawberries, blending until mostly smooth. Don’t worry—the chia seed milk mixture will help blend the strawberries smooth.
- Take the chia seed mixture out of the fridge—it should have thickened to a gel-like consistency. Give it another good whisk. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, scrape the chia seed mixture out of the cup and into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups, and enjoy immediately!
Delicious Strawberry Recipes 🍓
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Sorbet
- Simple Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Passive Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chia seed smoothie recipes, chia seeds in smoothie