Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour): this gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe is chewy, salty ‘n sweet! The best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies made with tahini butter! Dairy-Free, Healthy, Grain-Free.
Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup unsalted tahini
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except paleo chocolate and sea salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Press chocolate into the tops of cookies. Using the palm of your hand, lightly flatten cookies for thicker cookies or flatten more for thinner, wider cookies. If cracks form, press back together. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Optionally, sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired. Then, using a spatula, gently transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
More Delicious Paleo Vegan Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Tahini | Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Paleo Chocolate Gems | Coconut Flour | Pure Vanilla Extract | Unsalted Natural Almond Butter | Ground Flaxseed
- Freshness Notes: Cookies are best on the first day—perfectly chewy, lightly moist, with crispy edges. On Day 2, cookies will dry out a bit (blame the coconut flour!), but are still good. Cookies will dry out more and more as the days go by. I recommend enjoying by Day 3 at the latest.
- Storing Instructions: Store in a container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources for up to 1 week (but best on Day 1).
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes, or heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop or Small Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | 4 Event Kitchen Timer | Baking Sheet
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted tahini chocolate chip cookies, best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, made with coconut flour