an easy recipe for deliciously healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies made with simple, whole ingredients.
This healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe is packed with nearly 5g of protein, healthy fats and dietary fiber–and are low sodium.
Peanut butter? Oatmeal? Cookies? Better yet, Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies?! Yep, we’re going there, and we’re gonna make it oh-so-GOOD.
Because of my mom’s health issues, I like to always try and create healthier treats for her to enjoy any time of the year (kinda like these 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls or these cinnamon oatmeal cookies). I also like to sneak oats into her desserts.
Years ago, she was 100% convinced that peanut butter was one of the worst, yuckiest things on the planet. But her doctor told her to incorporate healthy fats into her diet, and natural peanut butter was one of her suggestions (along with my mom’s dreaded oats.)
So today’s recipe is a “Mommy, here are some yummy (healthy) cookies for you to eat!” *under my breath* “I snuck peanut butter and oats into this…” “And it’s not yucky!” Lol. I mean, if cookies can’t convince her that oats and peanut butter are awesome, what can?? 😉
Healthy desserts, healthy cookies, here we come! Are you ready to bake the best healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies aka The Cookies That Tricked My Mom Into Loving Peanut Butter For Real? 🙂 Let’s bake this!
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Sometimes it may seem impossible to make a truly healthy decision when it comes to just about… anything! But I find that the balance comes from moderation. Today’s healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a family fave because there’s a little indulgence along with a whole lotta yum and whole ingredients you can feel good about. Whip up a batch of these healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies and see exactly what I mean.
Before you even get out the ingredients, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the Dry Ingredients
We’re gonna keep this nice and simple by whisking together all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. This includes healthy, feel-good ingredients like oats, oat flour, ground flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
Mix the Wet Ingredients
Grab a medium mixing bowl and add in all of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, natural peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk all the wet ingredients together until well mixed.
Now it’s time to combine the dry and the wet ingredients! Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir and fold it all together until well mixed. Fold in peanuts.
Scoop the Cookie Dough
Using my favorite cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough onto the baking sheet you prepared earlier. Then, grab a fork and use it to flatten all of the cookies to the thickness you like. You might need to switch to a new fork if things get too sticky! 😉
Bake, Cool, and Enjoy
Bake your peanut butter oatmeal cookies for about 13 minutes. Cool cookies completely, then enjoy the best healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies ever!
Simple, Healthy Ingredients For Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
When developing this recipe, I wanted to make sure that I used the best healthy ingredients so you could feel good about making these for you and your loved ones. Check out the ingredients for these healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies below.
Peanut Butter: one of the ingredients my mom’s doctor recommend she incorporate into her diet. I like to use unsalted, natural peanut butter since there are no added ingredients aka junk. Peanut butter is high in protein and nutrient-rich, with magnesium, phosphorous, zinc and more. Of course, peanut butter should be eaten in moderation. 😉
Healthy Fats: coconut oil—one of my favorite healthy ingredients to use in many of my healthy cookie recipes. They add a richness to every cookie & a creamy, buttery flavor that takes these healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies to the next level.
Rolled Oats & Oat Flour: whole grain, heart-healthy, fiber-rich oats are one of my favorite healthy baking ingredients. They make for the perfect backdrop, soaking up flavors like no other. Instead of using highly-processed all purpose flour, I used flour made from oats. If you’re wondering how, try my homemade oat flour recipe here.
Ground Flaxseed: Flaxseeds are so great because they’re a heart-healthy, whole ingredient that gives this healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe a nice little boost of Omega-3s and dietary fiber. 😉
Warm Spices: ground cinnamon is the perfect spice to warm you up and give you all the cozy feels without any added sodium or extra junk. Who says natural, healthy ingredients can’t give you an extra oomph?
Refined Sugar Free Ingredients: coconut sugar, pure maple syrup—if you’re keeping refined sugar out of your diet, you need not worry. As with every BB recipe, such as these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars and my Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, we’re gonna keep it refined sugar-free.
Sweet and salty healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies with rich peanut butter flavor and packed with heart-healthy oats!
Recommended Tools for the Best Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Medium Cookie Scoop – I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, this is my favorite cookie scoop ever!! As a baker, and avid cookie maker, I have trashed so many cookie scoops (animal crossing reference). I absolutely hate throwing things out, but dang it if all the other cookie scoops didn’t give out after just a few dozen batches of cookie dough. This one goes and goes and goes. And it scoops like a champ!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Golden Ground Flaxseed | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Unsalted, Natural Creamy Peanut Butter | Coconut Sugar
You grab the peanut butter, I’ll grab the oats! Okay, I can grab everything… just meet me in the kitchen with your cutest mixing bowls, ASAP! 😉 I can’t wait to hear what you think of my healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe! Be sure to leave a comment if you make these cookies—you know I truly love hearing from you. Thankful & joyful that you’re here, sharing in these baking adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Simple, Healthy, and Delicious Ways to Enjoy Peanut Butter
Some of my favorite on-the-go peanut butter treats include these seriously scrumptious and healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies, these chocolate peanut butter bars and peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter? 🧡
Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: an easy recipe for healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies made with simple, whole ingredients.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (try homemade peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in peanuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. Cookies won’t spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Then, transfer cookies directly onto the rack to continue cooling completely before storing. Enjoy!
More Healthy Cookies We Love
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. 🙂
Healthy Peanut Butter Oat Recipes We Love 🧡
- Easy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies – 3 Ingredients! <– less sugar
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- 7 Ways: Easy Vegan Overnight Oats (Healthy)