Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: an easy recipe for healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies made with simple, whole ingredients.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (try homemade peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in peanuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. Cookies won’t spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Then, transfer cookies directly onto the rack to continue cooling completely before storing. Enjoy!
More Healthy Cookies We Love
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies