Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): An easy fall recipe for soft, chewy pumpkin oatmeal cookies packed with chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon treat! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, One Bowl.
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy, unsalted natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons Add-ins (chocolate chips, chopped pecans, cranberries, pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, peanut butter, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until just thoroughly combined. When it gets difficult to whisk, switch to folding with a rubber spatula, until no flour patches remain. Fold in Add-in Ingredients.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Press Toppings into the top of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—they will not spread during baking. Periodically clean the fork off between flattening—the dough is sticky.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies and my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
– *All can be substituted with 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
– Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying; or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
– More plant-based, allergy-friendly Pumpkin recipes: one bowl pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin pie smoothie, chocolate pumpkin bread.
- Category: Cookies, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Fall